Collections
Annotations

Association ProSaffa1958-Pavillon

The small, detailed pavilion clad with Fural aluminum strips was planned and realized by the architect Berta Rahm (1910–1998) as part of the second Swiss exhibition for women’s work (Saffa) in 1958. After the exhibition, the neat aluminum building was rebuilt in Gossau (ZH) and used as a company canteen for a mushroom company. When we received the news in spring 2020 that a legally binding demolition permit was available for the construction, we founded the ProSaffa1958-Pavilion association to save one of the last architectural relics of the Saffa 1958. Within just under two months, our association was able to professionally dismantle and store the pavilion. Now his story continues …

 

Contributions from Association ProSaffa1958-Pavillon
Citations by Association ProSaffa1958-Pavillon